Monday, April 9, 2007

Shopping and Shopping and more Shopping





I had a great time in Maple Ridge this weekend. We drove my Dad to the ferry on Good Friday, just in time for the 1pm boat. There was a huge line up for walk on passengers because they didn't open the ticket booth until 10 min. to 1pm. They shut off ticket sales 5 min before sailing. Good thing they decided to keep selling tickets. We arrived at Horseshoe Bay at 12:45pm. We drove up front, told my Dad to get out and we would park and come back to make sure he got his ticket for the next sailing. We found a parking spot right away up near the water front. Then we waited in line with my dad to make sure he was getting on that ferry and he got his ticket at 1:57pm. So, we go back to the car and find we are pinned in by another car that parked on an angle behind us where there was no parking spot. Sean went to use the washroom and when he came back, the car had moved so we could get out. Yay!! We were on our way to Maple Ridge to see my sister and her family for the weekend.
Saturday was such a nice day, but I spent most of it inside Malls shopping for a dress. I found my dress right away, well actually I saw it in Kamloops and really liked it, so we went to Sears in Coquitlam. We were looking for a dress for Robin's oldest daughter, which was hard because she wasn't there with us. We didn't find Robin a dress, but there are lots of possibilities. I am sure she'll find one just in time. Reminds me of my wedding dress nightmare...which turned out just perfect in the end. After we were done shopping, we went for Lunch at Mr. Mike's. I just love eating there. I worked at Mr. Mike's in WL for 4 years (it was my first job). The burgers tasted just like I remembered them. MMMM MMMM good. Then we stoped at Tim Hortins for a coffee before we headed back to Maple Ridge. I didn't win a thing on my cup, however Robin didn't tell me if she won anything. She'd better not be holding out on me!!! Hee Hee Hee. When we got back to Maple Ridge, my mom and sister were ready to go to Costco, so we hopped in her truck and headed out again. It was so hot I bought a cute denim skort and a light sweater and a t-shirt. On the way back, we stopped at the Superstore and I bought a cute pair of sandals to go with my new dress. My sister bought me a pair of chocolate brown flip flops. It was great. On Sunday we went shopping for wedding decorations with Robin. That went very well. I am getting so excited!!! Less than 5 weeks til her wedding. Then it was back in the car after lunch on Sunday and headed home. It was another whirl wind trip Sandi style, but it was an awesome weekend!!!

No comments: