Friday, April 20, 2007

Columneetza...a trip down memory lane


Last night the grade 8 info night and tour was awesome. I was a bit sad that this school does not offer a band program and there no longer is a bus the students can take to the other high school to take band. Columneetza is the catchment school for our area and if I wanted to send my daughter to Williams Lake Secondary, then I would have to fill out a cross-border transfer form. Since all of her school buddies with be at The Big C, my daughter decided that is where she would like to go. They have a great art and drama program at Columneetza. The school has changed a lot since I attended there, but a lot is still the same. The gym is now part of the school and there is a lovely drama room right beside the gym. A few years ago the shop wing was burnt down and it is finally up and running. The shop, welding and woodworking rooms are awesome. They have proper venting and are being called the best school workshop in BC. I took French class in the basement and the french classroom is still down there. My kids found my sister's picture on the wall by the gym and they found my picture on the wall near the library. They both said wow we looked so much younger back then. Yeah thanks...I graduated 17 years ago and my sister graduated 19 years ago. It was fun to take a look around and see how things have changed over the years. It was a trip down memory lane.

No comments: