Monday, April 2, 2007

My Daughter is officially a teenager!!!


13 years ago today I became a Mom for the first time. Kelsey was born on Saturday of Easter weekend that year. My parents went to Salmon Arm to visit my grandpa. My Mom said to me, "Don't you have that baby while I'm gone." I said not to worry because my due date wasn't for another 3 and a half weeks. Funny how that worked out. My parents left on the Friday and I went into labour at 6am on that Saturday and headed off to the hospital. When I arrived at the hospital, I was 8 cm dilated and my baby girl was born at 9:40am, weighing 8 lbs, 14.5 oz. A big girl for being 25 days ahead of schedule. My how the time flies by...from diapers...to crayons...to reading...to writing...to teenager(i-pods/internet who needs a phone when you have your own computer?). I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter, who has turned into a real treasure to me.

2 comments:

Robyn Jones said...

hehehe...you have a teenager..it's your turn..it's your turn....(LOL)

Wow..do I feel old...She looks so grown up, and different....

Sandi said...

Yeah, she's growing up just like Bree is. I didn't recognize Bree at first. I thought it was Brandy singing for worship team. Guess we are both getting old!!!