Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm at it again!

Here's how the story goes... The kids were away for the weekend and Sean had to work Saturday, so what the heck am I to do all day??? Sean suggested that I stay home and clean the house...what?? The house isn't even that messy and is that any way to talk to your wife?? I thought he might say...let's go for lunch...but no. Then he asks me if I would be in town at lunch time. So I say NO! Remember, I'm cleaning the house. I guess there was no taking his comment back, so he headed out for work. It's 8am on a Saturday and I simply cannot go back to sleep, so I perform my wifey duties, starting in the laundry room. So, I drag all the crud out of the laundry room and pile it in my daughter's room because she's not home and I start cleaning...floors, walls..and then I decide to take out the utility shelf units and paint the laundry room. So that is what I did all day Saturday, but now Sean needs to put up new moldings to match the rest of the house. Trust me if I knew how to run the miter saw I would have done it myself. I painted the laundry room with leftover paint from the living room, so it didn't cost us any more money. Then we picked up some nice white wire shelves on Sunday, because there was no way I was going to put back the ugly utility shelves. Now the problem is I need to get my daughter's room cleaned up before she comes home Sunday night, so I transfer the pig stye mess of comfortors and sheets etc. to the spare room. Believe me it was a mess! So, the laundry room is looking pretty spiffy, the shelves are up and the moldings are going up on Wed. (Sean usually has Tues. off, but they asked if he would work tomorrow). Then he is planning on finishing the kitchen on Wed. too. Keep you fingers crossed...I need sunny weather so Sean can do his cutting outside on our deck. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Louise said...

What we can accomplish when we're ticked off eh!?