Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Crazy Busy Again

As usual I was crazy busy again today. I snuck out of work 10 min. early today so that I could go grocery shopping because today was customer appreciation day at Safeway and I like to get 10% off my grocery bill. It's like getting $40 worth of free food. Anyways, that took much longer than I expected, so I never made it home until 5:15pm. then I had to unload the groceries...my family helped and I was very thankful. The problem was I needed to leave the house by 5:30pm to be up at the ball fields. Talk about running around like a chicken with its head cut off. So that only left me 15 min. to eat and get changed into my casual ball clothes. I wore my WL Minor Fastball shirt because I was helping people find their way to their teams tonight and it was easy for them to recognize me. Mike's coach this year is a fellow that I used to work with back when I was a teenager. We did some pretty crazy stuff...I wonder if he remembers me. I wasn't going to ask him because we were both psycho back then. It was great to be back up there and visit with the parents that I had made friends with over the last ball season. Mike did really well, I think his new glove we bought him is working out much better. He hit the ball on the first try and was put out at first base. His second time at bat went much better...home run. He sure can smack that ball pretty hard. It's amazing to watch the kids play because they still remember the skills they learned last year. Other than it being cold out, it was a great night.

I bought my daughter a new dress today. It is for my friend's wedding and also for her grade 7 grad dinner. I was pleased when she actually liked what I picked out and it was also on sale..double bonus. It's a light green color with a bit of blue paisley and white. We had to buy her a size too big so that it would fit in the top area. She is just like me in that area. I cannot decide if that's a good thing or a curse. Anyways, after ball was over we headed to my mom's to put some tie straps on the new dress and now it fits perfect. So as you can see, today was crazy busy for me!

No comments: