Monday, May 7, 2007

A fire too close to home

Shortly after I got home from work, I looked out the living room window and saw a bit of smoke in the back yard...then I saw a huge black puff of smoke. Shortly after that, I heard the sirens going. Kels and I went down the hill to take a look. Here are the pictures she took.




The holiday trailer in our neighbour's yard got melted. The tree next door to the barn that was on fire caught on fire. Also the roof on the log home 2 homes away caught on fire. It had an old wooden shingle roof. The fire dept. was able to contain the fire, however it was a bit scarey because the wind was blowing up the hill towards our homes and the brush was very dry and caught fire. It came about 50 feet from our back yard. I guess the guy was burning brush in his back yard. I hope he had a permit because the Forestry workers were also helping out with the fire. Here's a picture from the top of our driveway

I made sure I had my garden hose out, hey you never know.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

Wow! Lucky you that it never got to your house...we had one at our neighbors house a couple of years ago that started houses on both sides of us on fire. For some reason that we can only think of as God, the fire jumped over us!