Friday, May 4, 2007

Newspaper Surprise

My daughter attended a writing work shop last Friday at Thompson Rivers University. She was 1 of 100 students from all over our region, from grades 6-12 that were invited to go to the work shop (she's in grade 7). They met with real authors and learned a lot about the writing process. The headline on today's paper, (of which there was a picture of my daughter, Kelsey) said "Gifted students inspired". It was a surprise to see her picture when I was flipping threw the paper today. I'll have to post a copy of the newspaper clipping on my blog. It was a huge opportunity for Kels to go and she has a true gift for writing. She has 2 of her poems published by poetry.com and is working on writing a book. I am sure my friend, who is a gifted writer, has inspired her too.

No comments: