Friday, May 18, 2007

The Green Beans Won a Game

Go beans!! go beans!! Last night was the 2nd game of the season for Mike's team. They were last bats, the score going into the Royals open inning was 14 beans 5 Royals. The Royals scored 13 runs in the open inning, so the Beans were forced to play the last inning as well. When they hit 19, they called the game over. I was glad because it was freezing cold sitting out in the grand stands watching. Last year Mike's team only won 1 game the entire season, so I was happy to see them doing better this year. Once again, my son was put on the last team, with the newest members and coach and the least amount of players. But that's OK, someone has to be there. As long as they have fun and are being good sports, that's all that really matters. His main tournament is on Father's Day, so I hope he will be able to make it for that because they hand out metals to the players that day.

The sun is shinning and it looks like it is going to be a nice weekend after all. Too bad my hubby is stuck working, but he was able to take 4 days off last week to come to the wedding with me, so it is worth it. We still have Monday off together...to work around the yard. (and perhaps work on my tan a bit too)

No comments: