Monday, May 28, 2007

New Air mattresses

I picked up new air mattresses for my kids the other weekend because they were on sale at Canadian Tire. They are so cool...double high and best of all they have a built in pump that blows the mattress up in less than 2 min. My son really likes his new mattress.

You'll see in the picture my daughter doing what she does best...spending time on her computer. I was disappointed that you couldn't manually blow them up, so Kels won't be able to take hers to pathfinder camps this summer. That's probably better that way...you know in case something happened to it while she was away. They were reasonably priced, but still a big investment for me.

Over the weekend, my kids' sister came for a visit. We went to the video store on Saturday night late and there was nothing left to rent, so my son asked to rent Pan's Labyrinth. The case looked like it was a harmless movie. We plug it in and find out that is is rated R. Yikes...so we watched it anyway. There was a few spots that were a bit graffic, but it was a fairly good show. It was in Spanish with English sub titles. Usually I hate movies with sub titles, but this one was quite well done. Plus I know a bit of Spanish, so I could understand a bunch of the words that were spoken.

I sold a bunch of junk that was laying around our house at the garage sale I had at my work on Saturday. The rest of the stuff that didn't sell we took to The Salvation Army Thrift Store. Sunday Mike had his wacky fun baseball tournament. The 1st game they had to run backwards to 1st base, carry and egg on a spoon to 2nd. Hop from 2nd to 3rd and run home. They used a rubber ball instead of a baseball. It was fun for the kids. The next event was pop fly catching. The boy and girl who caught the most pop flies got a prize. Then they timed the kids running the bases and the fastest boy and girl won a prize. Mike didn't win anything, but was given a goody bag for participating. They also threw water baloons for fun. After the tournament, we went down town to see the car show. A friend of ours won 1st place for his 1957 Chevy truck.

Kels went to see Pirates #3 at the theater with her Pathfinders group. They were working on a badge...movie mania badge. She enjoyed the movie. It was a busy and fun weekend.

No comments: