Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Planning more reno's

Most of you know that I live in a mobile home and we have been renovating it in hopes of selling it to get a "real house". We still have a lot of work to do and cannot wait for the snow to melt so we can finish the siding. That is going to be a big job because we saved the hardest for last. The front of our trailer is quite a bit higher from the ground, so we will have to use the ladder. I m sure it will all work out just fine(: After we are done with the siding, our next project is to renovate the porch. Right now our porch is painted sponge style blue & white to look like clouds. It looks like it's trapped in the late 80's, early 90's. If we want to sell it, we'll have to make a better first impression. Luckily, the porch is small and won't cost a lot to update(: After the porch is done, we are going to rip out the carpet in the spare room and put down laminate flooring and paint in there as well. We already have the laminate flooring, so that won't be a very costly job either. Then it's just finishing the odds and ends and we should be good to sell by the end of summer.
The reason we are so anxious to get the reno's done is.....we found the perfect house plans for a home we want to build. The hardest part will be finding the perfect land to build on. Let's face it, I am going to be very picky. First of all, I don't want to live more that 5-10 min. from town, Second of all I refuse to live on a steep hill and have a steep driveway. Third of all I don't want to boxed in so close to the neighbors. It might be tough, but we have 2 years to find the land.
Our neighbor across the street wants to buy our place and has offered for us to live in his house while we build. I'll have to think about that one(: Maybe it's just a dream, but hopefully we can pull it off. I would love to have a nice house one day!

I'll post the house plans at a later date, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Ah, does that mean you're going to stay in the Puddle?

Sandi said...

Well, if I find the perfect land in Kamloops and a perfect job there too, I wouldn't have to stay in WL. It is still a thought(: