Wednesday, January 9, 2008

3 Happy Years of Wedded Bliss






It is hard to believe that we just celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday. It seems like only yesterday we were all at The Hills in the freezing cold. My nephew, Brian, is writing an essay for school about his best vacation and he picked our Wedding. It was so beautiful with all the snow on the trees. The kids enjoyed tubing (even though the lift wasn't working), snow shoeing, skating, snow boarding, swimming and spending time with their cousins. Too bad it was so cold that weekend and my best friend & her family had to drive through a terrible snow storm to get there as well as my sister and her family. The Chapel was beautiful, the food was fabulous and the fellowship was awesome. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite and it had a jacuzzi tub. I still remember the rose petals (that we didn't know were bath bubbles) that bubbled up to the ceiling. So, we had to cut our tub time short and we were so busy we never went back in it again. One day we'll have to have a romantic weekend away and try the jacuzzi tub again with out the bubbles(:

Last night we went to Trattorias Pasta Shop for dinner with my parents and my kids. The food was fantastic, as always. We also enjoyed some Chardonay white wine with our dinner. To finish off we had whipped cheese cake with strawberries, raspberries, black berries and blue berries. It was so yummy, I had to finish it even though it was such a huge piece (and it was rich too). It was great to enjoy the full meal deal. The bill wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. Then we rented Rush Hour 3 and we decided to watch it in our room. The new bed is so comfortable. We rented the kids The Simpson's Movie, so they would have something to watch. Besides it was toonie night at the video store, so both movies cost less than the cost to rent 1 on a regular night. There wasn't much to choose from for movies, but we enjoyed our movie.

I am really blessed to have such a wonderful husband and it really has been 3 happy years of wedded bliss.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Can't believe it's already been three years. I'm jealous you got to go to Trattoria's. I wanted to go when we were there. Guess I'll just have to come back. :)

Hey, I finally got a new blog up and going. Check it out and leave a comment. :) http://authorbrendagrate.com Let me know what you think of it.

Miss you!

Bren