Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today I played teacher from 9am-5pm

Let me tell you, I have a new respect for teachers because it is very hard work. I spent all day today helping my son get caught up on some of his school work. The French was a breeze, but then we got into the novel study. This meant that I had to read the entire novel if I was going to help Mike with his homework. I read Where the Red Fern Grows while Mike was doing his math. I helped him in between reading with his math. Then we had to work on his novel assignment. Mike did really well, but I was really glad that I had read the book so that I could steer him in the right direction. His hands are sore from writing and I am exhausted. He still has 6 pages of math to complete, finish off a summary of The Summer of Monkey's, do 10 responses to his home reading, and write a 3 page essay on a topic of choice. I didn't realize how far behind Mike was in school and how much he was struggling.He leaves for spring break tomorrow, so I am hoping to get a majority of this work done because it is due 9 am on the Monday back from Spring Break. If he doesn't turn in this homework he could end up with some failing grades. Yikes! I was really proud of him today doing the work. He was frustrated but pressed on. I am thankful that my mom has invited us over to her place for dinner, but we can't stay long because Mike needs to work some more on his home work. Poor kid,his eyes must be boggled from all this work. At least he was given the opportunity to get caught up.

No comments: