Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gramps ichats for the first time


Today my grandpa came over to my house for a visit with my parents and my Uncle. My Grandpa lives in Salmon Arm and came for a visit with my Uncle for Easter. My Grandpa will be 94ys old in August. Up until last fall he was driving, but now is suffering memory loss, so he had to give up his driver's license. After Christmas, he moved into a care home and is doing quite well. He is very sharp minded and looks healthy. He's just very forgetful. We do OK with that. He didn't remember me or my kids, so that seemed a bit weird. Last time I visited Gramps (a year and a half ago) he could only remember me as a kid. He kept telling me how Huge I was and that if I walked up to him on the street, he would have walked right buy and not realized it was me. He kept telling me how huge I was. At least this time I am not huge to him(:

We decided that since my sister wasn't here to visit with Gramps, we went onto ichat. Well, Gramps was blown away. He sees her and talks to her but he just can't believe it. He was amazed and talked about it for a while after we were done ichatting. He wants to get one for his TV. My Uncle told him that my computer is not a TV and that he would need a computer and the internet. Grandpa was just amazed how technology could go from zero to this. Back in his day they didn't even have phones until his was older. It really was funny and we all had a nice visit. Grandpa asked me how old I was and I told him that iI would be 36 on Monday. He told me he would take me to lunch on Monday, but they won't be here anymore. Now they are off to town to buy Grandpa a t-shirt. We are going to go visit him tomorrow afternoon and have Easter dinner with him at my parents house.

No comments: