Thursday, March 13, 2008

Eating healthy feels good

I was inspired by my friend to try a change in my diet.( Mostly because I felt like a giant beside her LOL(: )
So, I decided to try one of the recipe ideas she shared with me. I lightly covered my vegetables in extra virgin olive oil and roasted them in the oven. She suggested egg plant, zuchini, mushrooms, red onion and I threw in some red & green peppers and garlic. I served it with breaded in cornmeal sole that I baked in the oven. There were no left overs, so my family must have really enjoyed it. I know I did. Then the next night I made spaghetti with a vegetable sauce. No one seemed to miss having the hamburger in the sauce and once again there were no left overs. I've been snacking on vegetables in the evening and staying away from chips and chocolate bars. (here's a side note: the lady in the office beside me just started selling chocolate bars at work and she has a big tub of them, but I can be strong. Right?) I'm eating healthy and I feel really good. I also have cut back on coffee and teas with caffine. At first it was hard and I had a bad headache, but now it seems fine. I'm drinking more water and I have a cup of decaf tea in the morning. Now if the snow and then the mud would disappear, I would be able to get some fresh air and exercise. I miss going for hikes and bike rides): Soon; I keep telling my self, soon it will happen.

No comments: