Saturday, September 8, 2007

What a week

This week has just been super crazy. The kids started school, which always takes time to adjust to after such a long summer break. On the second day of school, I kept on driving by the bus stop and forgot to drop Kels off. Good thing she reminded me that I missed her bus stop just after I drove by it, so I was able to still drop her off. Kels got lost for one of her classes on the first day of block rotation. She went to the office and they helped her find her class, but she had missed most of that class. So, 1st day of classes I come home from work and Kels has a pile of homework scattered all over the kitchen table. I'm thinking that this isn't going to work out because we need the table for dinner. So, I bought her a desk for her room. It just barely fits right now, so we need to move some furniture around in her room. Now she has a proper homework place.

Yesterday we said goodbye to Etelka,at work. She is moving to Merritt and will be the publisher of the Merritt Herald. We are happy for her promotion, but sad to see her go. She was like family to us at work.


Last night my friend and I went to see Stardust. I enjoyed the movie and my kids are going to see it this afternoon at the matinee. It was nice to just get out with my friend. I haven't done that in ages. We both laughed at the same parts in the movie and we had a great time. I'm going to try and do that more often. I get so busy with my life and family that I rarely take time our for me. It was a nice treat to go out last night. My hubby is sick with a really bad cold. I felt bad for him, but he really wanted me go go out and have fun with my friend, so I did. I am so glad the weekend is here because it was such a stressful week at work. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to win the lottery and won't have to go to work. I'll probably feel better about it by Monday and since I don't even have a lotto ticket, chances of me winning is zero. So, it's off to work I go on Monday. What a week!

No comments: