Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cool Fall Weather

I woke up this morning to a freezing cold home. The temperature in my house this morning was only 13 celcius. So, there was no way I could stick to my rule to not turn the furnace on until October. Every year my goal is to keep the furnace off from May to October. Luckily, the cost of natural gas is decreasing in October. They have already lowered my equal payment monthly by $15. The temperature was -2 outside and I had to warm up my vehicle and scrape the windows. The frost on the car windows was so thick, it was hard to scrape off. What a difference in the weather since the weekend! The leaves on the trees are already turning yellow, orange and red. I really enjoy the colors in the fall and the crisp fall air. It is one of my favorite times of the year.
Thanksgiving is just over 2 weeks away and my Grandpa is coming for a visit with my Uncle. I haven't seen my grandpa since last summer. He turned 93 in August. He recently bought a brand new car. It's amazing that he is still driving at that age. I miss him so much and I am looking forward to his visit. He hasn't been to Williams Lake in over 5 years. I can't wait to show him all the reno's we've done. I'm sure he'll love it too.

2 comments:

Robyn Jones said...

I thought that I was the only one who had the rule about not turning on the furnace till oct....

Sandi said...

I think I learned it from you, Robyn. Hee hee hee!