Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back to school





Today was the 1st day back to school for my kids (it was only a half day). This is the first year that they are attending 2 different schools, which also means that they take the bus at 2 different times. Kels was a bit nervous about going to high school today, but it turned out just fine. I think I was more nervous than her. I waited for her bus to come this morning. It works out pretty good for her because I can drive her to the bottom of the hill to catch the bus on my way to work and the bus usually comes about 5 min. after I've droped her off. I told her to pay attention to the buses after school because there would be more than a couple of buses leaving Columneetza, probably 25+buses. Mike catches the bus 30 min. later and he gets a ride with my hubby to his bus stop. Poor Kels, she gets to school almost an hour early and has to stay an hour past school to catch the bus home. I don't know why they cannot send a different bus for the high school kids. It sure makes for a long day, but on the other hand, she can get her homework done while she is waiting. I bought Kels a new watch, so she's be able to keep better track of the time. In Columneetza, there is no recess, but 7 min. breaks between classes. Kels shouldn't have a problem making it to her classes on time. Mike is very excited to have Mr. Smith as his teacher this year. We thought for sure he would have Mrs. Sandberg, who taught both Kels and I grade 6. It's nice to have life going semi back to normal. That's what I like most about back to school time.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

I can't believe how big the kids are....I am starting to feel old....