Monday, September 17, 2007

Mike and his Clarinet




Mike was very excited to get his clarinet today. He played it til his lips hurt. Then he practiced putting it together and taking it apart several time. It was very cool to watch him make such an effort with his new instrument. I've picked up his books, so now we are just waiting for band to start. I forget how noisey those instruments can be, but we are looking past that and supporting Mike in his desire to be in the school band. I was amazed how well he could blow into it with out squaking. I'm sure he'll do well in band because he is so keen. I wondered how he would do with his playing because of the braces, but his teacher doesn't think it will be a problem. He might just need to use wax for his braces when it is band time. We are buying the clarinet because it was such a good deal and it's in perfect condition. How can you go wrong, plus I don't have to pay the lady until payday this Friday, but she let me take it home to try for the week. I think that is pretty cool, since we are strangers to each other. She was at my work last week and was thinking of placing an ad for a musical instrument and I thought for sure it wouldn't be a clarinet and I was wrong. She must have been God sent or something. At any rate, she decided not to place the ad and was waiting on me to see if I wanted the clarinet. It was cheaper for me to buy it from her than to rent it locally for the school year, so I am very happy about that too. All in all, it was a pretty good day!

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

i used to play clarinet, but could never get into it...