Monday, December 1, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Today is Dec. 1st and my children do not have an advent calendar. This is the first year in their entire lives that there was no chocolate to count down to Christmas. I have several reasons for this. 1) I didn't get my Christmas decorations out of the basement yet because I've been so busy 2) Christmas isn't about candies and chocolates 3) I really don't want to count down to Christmas because my kids are going to their Dad's and my parents moved and won't be back for Christmas.
I'm sure I'll break down later in the week and get my decorations up. The reason it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas is because I have done the majority of my Christmas shopping already. I've wrapped them and placed on the mantle of the fireplace since the tree is not up yet. Oh, did I tell you it's snowing? That always get me into the spirit of Christmas. We also watched Christmas with the Kranks on TV yesterday. We are hoping to get our tree this weekend, so the kids can decorate it. I'm sure I'll have another busy weekend because I must get my baking done. It's hard to get motivated with out having my mom to bake with. I'll have to talk the kids into helping, because they sure enjoy chowing down on the treats. The next 2 weekends are taken up with staff Christmas parties. We went grocery shopping and bought a turkey. Sean still wants Christmas dinner with all the fixings minus brussel sprouts because my dad's not here, for Christmas Dinner. Sounds like a lot of work for just him and I. Perhaps I'll freeze the leftovers. We bought a butter basted turkey from the Superstore. It better taste as good as Gaylon Westing says on his comercial!

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

This is the first year NONE of my older girls will be here for Christmas...