Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas is the season for forgiving

I recently attended The Anglican Church with my parents. I hadn't been there for years since my hubby and I go to a different church. The one thing that touched me that day was The Lord's Prayer. I've heard it, said it and sung it so many times when I was growing up. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who trespass against us. I think of many families that are feuding and how the holidays can be difficult for people in those situations. I know a lady my age that hasn't spoke with her mother in years because of they disagreed about how she should raise her son. Then I think of those who will not have their family around this Christmas because of a death or tragedy during the year. It will be very difficult for those families as well. I know when my Aunt passed Dec. 17,2001. Christmas was very difficult. I hang a homemade ornament on my tree every year. It has a dove on one side and a picture of my aunt on the other side. I think of my friend Robin and her family, which includes my sister. I wonder how they will cope with their fist Christmas without their mom. I think of our own struggles we have with our friends and families. I have to forgive and move on. So, Christmas seems like a good time to try and patch things up. It's amazing how wonderful you'll feel. We are going to really try hard to to remember The Lord's Prayer and ask God to forgive us of our sins and those who sin against us. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and saviour. It's about the love we share and spending time with family. It means a whole lot more than we can ever know. So, if you have hard feelings towards your family or friends, try to make amends this Christmas Season.

1 comment:

Aly @ Lip Zip said...

This time of year can be so bittersweet for so many people but it's about so much more than presents and a day off from work as I've sometimes heard people call it. You've written a beautiful reminder of how appreciative we should all be for what we have and how Christmas is a wonderful time to let the negative feelings go. Very well said.