Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What is happening to our Small Town?

Robberies, molitive cocktail fires, vandalism, you name it...it's happening here in WL. The store that was robbed this morning is 5 min. away from my house. A store that I would stop off at on the way home from work. I used to ride my bike to that store when I was a kid.
Now I'll think twice about going there. My kids will not be allowed to go there on their own. How sad):

BREAKING NEWS: Armed robbery at convenience store
Published: December 10, 2008 9:00 AM



The Kat-Ali convenience store was robbed by two males at about 8 a.m.

An employee working alone, Penny Veitch, said two native males came into the store and demanded money. Both were carrying pepper or bear spray. Veitch handed over an undisclosed amount of money, and the suspects left the store, heading across Mackenzie Avenue toward the Glendale neighbourhood.

Veitch was not injured.

Williams Lake RCMP responded with a number of members and a police dog.

This is the eighth robbery or attempted robbery reported in the city since last Wednesday.

.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

We have been hearing what is going on in WL from here...very sad...