Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Still no snow

Yes I am doing the happy dance because we still have no snow. The weather here has been incredible! The sun is shinning and it's a gorgeous day. Last year by this time it was snowy and icy and I remember a day that my car wouldn't make it up the hill. I remember sliding down the hill, not able to stop and almost landing in the ditch. I remember getting out of the car to walk up the hill that cold November day. I remember slipping on the ice and falling down the hill. I remember I stopped sliding when I was under the car. I remember how thankful I was to have my cell phone on me. I remember calling Sean at work and he left early to come rescue me. I remember the pain I was in from the fall for many days after that. I remember why winter isn't my favorite season, or at least the snow part of it and the cold weather. So, yes I am very happy we still have no snow. Perhaps next year at this time I'll be living in a warmer climate or wishing I was in a warmer climate. You know those places that when it snows, the kids get to have a snow day and they don't have to go to school. Our schools here only have "too cold" days and usually it has to be close to -40 before they declare that! I wonder what this season will bring for us all.

No comments: