Monday, December 8, 2008

The Weekend was a blur...

Wow the weekend came and went so fast. I got about 1/3 of my Christmas baking done. It takes much longer when I have to do it myself. The kids did help out a bit, but I'm used to my mom helping out. I wonder if she is doing Christmas baking at their new home. My son misses doing the advent calendar and asked if Grandma had left it for us. There was no treat in it, just a felt tree and you would get to take a homemade ornament out of the date pocket and stick it to the tree. It was something my kids got to enjoy while visiting their grandparents. I'm sure this will be one of many things they will miss. We had a great time at Sean's Staff Christmas Party. They held it at Vern's Place Pool Hall. The food was amazing and we had a great time playing pool. My pool partner this year was Bill and we rocked. We made it to the final match against Daryle (Sean's boss) and his wife, but lost because Bill scratched on the 8 ball. It was fun, but we didn't get home until 1am! And since we came in 2nd place, the boss' wife gave us 1st place prize. I won a $25 gift certificate from Canadian Tire. We were spoiled at the party. Sean got a new heavy vest with the Windsor Logo on it and I received a nice white hoody. We also did a gift exchange and both Sean & I received a bottle of wine and 2 wine glasses each. So, I think we are all set for Christmas dinner. All though we won't be drinking both bottles of wine; we'll save one for New Years(: Sunday we picked out our Christmas tree and set it up to dry out. I am hoping to get it decorated tonight. Kels had a b-day party and we had to pick her up at 8pm last night. So, pretty much we were on the go all weekend. Tonight I am attempting to make chocolate covered cherries. I've had the cherries soaking in brandy since Saturday, so they should be good and yummy. I have set aside 1 jar of cherries not brandy soaked to make chocolates out of,so the kids can enjoy them too.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

sounds like you had fun at the Christmas party....We have Kendal's work party this weekend....
I will not be baking this year...neither of us really eat it and I am determined that I am going to lose weight after this baby if it kills me....(Which it might...) LOL!