Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Winter Wonderland

Here are some pictures of my kids from Christmas. They were in Quesnel for Christmas with their Dad. They will be coming home this weekend. I miss them!




Sean and I decided at last min. to go to Maple Ridge/Nanaimo to see family over the Christmas holidays. We didn't want to sit home alone for 6 days because my kids went to see their Dad this year for Christmas. We left after work on Dec 23rd and arrived shortly after 11:30 PM to my friend's home in Maple Ridge. I didn't tell my sister that we left that day, so I phoned her in the morning and she tells me DON'T come...the roads are bad...it snowed 19cm...Uncle Dick is going to have to stay for Christmas because he can't get the rental car to the ferry(it doesn't have snow tires)....yikes. She asked me where I was and I told her I slept in and changed the subject. I told her don't worry about us and we have studded tires and 4X4. So on Dec 24th, around 9:30am we head over to my sister's house to surprise her. By this point Uncle Dick has decided that he is staying for Christmas. Now my sister has to tell him that we are coming and the surprise is ruined. We drive up and Uncle Dick is sticking out his thumb hitching a ride to return the rental car. We had a very nice turkey dinner Christmas Eve at my sister's. Christmas morning, we opened gifts with my sister and her family. My mom knows I am coming for Christmas dinner, but to keep the surprise, she phones me at my sister's and I chat up with my Dad. He's asking me questions about the snow and temperature and I am just guessing at the answers since we haven't been home for 2 days. At lunch time we left to catch the 3pm ferry to Nanaimo (I had a reservation). We arrived just in time for dinner at my parents house in Nanaimo. My grandma was there and she was very surprised. Boxing day we went to see Sean's family in Courtenay. There was lots of snow all over. My sister showed up early on Sunday at my parents' house with her 2 boys. It was great to be all together for Christmas (except my kids). Then, Monday morning came and Sean and I had to head back to WL. We caught the 8:30am ferry and drove straight home. THere were 6 cars in the ditch between Hope and Cache Creek. Then, from Clinton to WL the drive was a nightmare. Blowing snow and poor visability...we made it home around 6pm. I was glad to be home. The tree was looking pretty dry, so I made Sean take it down. Christmas was over anyways. Lots of snow here while we were away. It looks like Winter Wonderland!

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

Sounds like you had a better Christmas then we did. Ours sucked. Everyone was gone..then Harold and Judy got sick Christmas day..and then Kendal, Jeremy and I got sick..and everyone is still....sigh...