Saturday, August 11, 2007

What's Your Summer Ride?

Well I must say I am very fond of Volkswagon. I would have loved to own a Convertible Bug, but those beetles are way too much for my slim budget. I've decided that I like the Volkswagon Cabriolet Golf Convertible. It's sleek and sporty. It even fits 4 people, well maybe 2 adults and 2 kids. Here's a couple of pictures of this fine automobile. We showed up last night with this car as a surprise to my sister and my friend. Too bad it's rainy today!



I like because.....my hubby bought me one on August 9th. It's the same color as the above picture. It was just so cool how it all came into reality. We had been discussing getting me a fun car because my hubby has his 62 Pontiac to tinker on. I told him for my 40th birthday ( in 5 years) I'd like an older Convertible. We were talking about convertibles and what ones I like. He saw a Fiat Spyder in the paper for $4000, but I told him that was too much money to shell out. Then we were out cruising when we saw the Volkswagon Cabriolet Converible drive by and it had a for sale sign in the window. The funny thing is we tried to speed up to the car to read the phone number, but the guy turned off and we didn't want to be stalkers. The next morning I am checking the classifieds email at work and here is the car we saw for sale and he was placing an ad in our paper to sell it. The price was more in our price range. So, I took it for a spin and Sean drove it and we decided it suited me. The fellow took our offer and now it's mine. It does need some minor work, but that's what Sean likes to do, tinker on older cars. Now if the weather would smarten up, I'll be able to enjoy driving it with the top down. My hubby is so awesome. I'm very lucky.

No comments: