Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer is sure going by quick

It sure has been quiet around my house since the kids left for their month vacation with their Dad. I've had to mow my lawn, something I haven't done for a long time since Mike does that chore for us (we pay him to do it). We miss you Mike. I also have to do the dishes and clean the house with out the kids' help. Well, at least we don't make a terrible mess, so clean up is a cinch. Actually, my kids do really well with keeping the house clean. I guess money really motivates them. They get a small allowance for doing chores around the house. They are not old enough to get jobs, so they need to work around the home for their own spending money. I am looking forward to them returning home in 2 weeks. I really miss them when they are gone (and not only because of their chores). I hope they are having a great holiday. I decided to buy all their school supplies yesterday. I was going to pick their school supplies up when I go to Vancouver this weekend, but decided that I didn't want to waste my entire visit on shopping. Well, I still need my Costco trip. Now if only my kids like what I bought them. There was no way I wanted to wait to do back to school shopping until the long weekend before school goes back in. That is just crazy... you kow like shopping on Christmas Eve! Kels is going to high school, so I want to make sure she has some nice clothes, so we'll go shopping mid. Sept. and Mike just needs a few new shirts. I bought them each a connection cord for their i-pods so they can hook it up to their i-mode radio alarm clocks. I was thinking of getting Kels a desk for her room, but I'm sure there is not enough room. Darn mobile homes and their small bedrooms. I just wanted her to have a place to set up her laptop and do homework (since I'm sure there will be lots of homework in high school). She usually sits on her bed and that cannot be good for her posture. Perhaps Sean will make her a corner desk. The leaves are already starting to turn yellow, a sure sign that fall is almost here. I cannot believe that the summer is almost over and the kids will be back to school in a couple of weeks. Where does all the time go?

No comments: