Friday, August 24, 2007

Summer is winding down

The weather over the last few weeks have reminded me of the fall. I must admit I am looking forward to the coming fall season. Life gets back into routine for us in the fall. I also have to confess that I only made it riding my bike to work for the 1st two weeks of August. I am blaming it on the crisp, cool and rainy weather in the mornings over the last 2 weeks. The cold wind blowing on my face and hands while biking down the connector, causing my eyes to water, was a bit more than I wanted to handle. But, I'm ok with that and perhaps if we get nice weather next week I would consider riding my bike to work again. My other excuse is my ankle is swollen and has been since mid-June. I went to see my doctor yesterday and the tissues in my ankle are inflamed from a bug bite I had in June. The bug bite has healed, but the doctor told me it will take 3-6 months to completely cure the swelling. It's because of the bug biting me right at my joint on my ankle. So the good news is it will eventually go away with time in the next 2 weeks to 3 months. He told me to ice my ankle every day and wear good supportive foot wear. Darn it, all I wear in the summer is flip flops! He did say that my flip flops were ok to wear occasionally, but if I was hiking or biking or walking long distances, I had better wear my socks and Nike runners. I guess I can live with that.

I can hardly wait for this day to be over. After work today we are heading to Maple Ridge for the weekend and staying at my sister's house. We have 3 days off to enjoy visting with friends and family. I am looking forward to meeting baby Kate for the first time. I am also giving my nephew his birthday gift early. He will be 7 on Sept. 13th. My car is at the shop right now getting the brakes worked on. I am really hoping that they get it done quickly, so we can leave right after work this afternoon. If it is not ready for some reason, we still have Sean's rides we can take, but they cost more in gas. So, keep your fingers crossed that all goes well today with my car. I see on the weather forecast that we are in for more rain over the weekend! Yuck! We might be going through Kamloops on Monday, but it's supposed to be cloudy there too. Is this really the end of summer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your brakes. You don't want to come to Kamloops with no brakes! lol If you're coming through on Monday, come see us, we'll be here! We're going to Kelowna on Sat., but that's it for the weekend. Can't wait to see you and go have our Starbucks. :)

Robyn Jones said...

It has been "fall like" here the last two weeks too...I am not really ready for fall yet, but that is because we are moving into a new house for the first time in five years, and i am not looking foreward to trying to pack with a 7 month old....plus it is complicated for the girls with school this year..as they will be going to two different high schools...