Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Biking to work

Today was my test run to see how long it would take me to ride my bike to work. So, I got up extra early this morning and left the house at 6:50 am. 25 min. later I was at the back door to my work. So, I put my bike away and headed in to get cleaned up and ready for work. I had bad helmet head, but I was prepared with my brush and hair spray. I just put my hair into a pony tail and started my day. The good news is my coffee cup fit in my water bottle holder, so I was able to enjoy my mocca java when I arrived at work this morning, plus I feel really good. I have time to read the paper and blog before I start my shift for the day. The ride wasn't all that bad, but I found it was cold riding down the big hill (that was the first 10 min. of my bike ride). After that, it was much better, but I didn't like the big logging trucks so close to me, so when I made it to Rose St. (small hill to ride up) I went up and drove along 2nd Ave. I could feel the burn, but that's what I am looking for...need to get my excercise! My goal is to try and ride my bike to work for the entire month of August. As long as the weather co-operates, I should be fine, but, you won't catch me riding in the rain and at the end of the month. I usually need the car to run errands at month end. Well, I guess we will see how it goes! The good thing is I am getting my excercise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sandi, good for you. I can't wait to see how great you look now. :) Laura, Heather and I joined the Ladies Only gym and we've been working out lots. I feel so good! Getting in shape is a great feeling. I hope you keep going. Little accomplishments spur you on to keep working at it. I'm so proud of you. ;)

Sandi said...

No size difference yet, but I feel good. If I had more time and money I would love to go to the gym. Maybe one day it will happen. Plus it's nice if you have someone to go with. Thanks for the encouragement Brenda!

Robyn Jones said...

Good for you! I am having trouble finding time to do stuff like that with Jer...I was walking with him an hour a day, but then I got sick, and it is a little hard to walk for an hour when your head is spinning....I am looking foreward to getting back into it....