Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Here comes the rain again...

Well, I must have some insight into the weather in our area or so some people have told me. The entire time we were camping, which was almost 2 weeks, it only rained 2 times and at night only. It was so hot and it was nice to be at the lake cooling off. When we came home from camping the next day it rained and it's been rainy ever since. I am glad we had good weather while we were away, but we need the rain very badly. We don't want any forest fires like the summer of 2003. I remember leaving town to visit my friends that summer and you could see all the smoke from the fires just over the horizon. When I came back, everything was under control. Plus when it's hot like that for long perods of time, there is a ban on campfires and that's no fun camping with out a fire. I am glad it's cooling off, but I am hoping for some nice weather for my daughter who is going to an international Guide Camp this weekend in Parksville. She will be gone for an entire week at S.O.A.R. (Spirit of adventure rendevous) and I hope she has a good time. They get to do really cool stuff like...caving, snorkling, dragonboating, fencing, archery, and much more. She'll have a blast!

No comments: