Monday, July 23, 2007

Oh No a mouse in the house

One of my greatest fears is of mice. Every time when I see one I feel the need to jump on a chair or couch or something near by and scream. The fact is growing up we encountered a lot of mice and then my parents drilled into us about the hanta virus from the deer mice. Ever since then, I have been freaked out about mice. I don't know how to tell the difference if it's a deer mouse and frankly I'm not getting that close to find out. I pay my son to get rid of them once they are dead and we never re-use mouse traps. I figure with all the tearing down of the walkway yesterday, it must have stirred up their happy outdoor homes. Plus we had the door wide open all day. So, I found a mouse in the kitchen area yesterday and true to myself I screamed and jumped up on the chair. It ran to the laundry room, so there was no way I was going to finish the laundry til I knew it was gone. Then I decided to stay outside for the rest of the afternoon. You know, just to make sure I didn't see any more of these pesky creatures. I went to town and picked up KFC for dinner so that I didn't need to cook (we ate outside). After dinner I decided it was probably safe to go back in. I went into the laundry room and there was no mouse stirring, so I put the clothes in the dryer. Then, I look over and see that the mouse had fallen into my mop bucket and for some reason Sean didn't empty the mop water the last time he washed the floor, so the mouse drowned. My son disposed of it and I thought that was great...no more mouse in the house. That was until my son phoned me at work today to tell me he spotted another one. So I guess we will have to set up some traps. I'll make sure we don't leave the door open (no matter how hot it gets in the house...we do have windows). The only mouse I like is Mickey Mouse and he lives in Disneyland and not in my home!

No comments: