Monday, July 30, 2007

My Summer Ride...surprise surprise

First I wanted to say how great this weekend was. We had a guest on Sunday come for a visit. It was Sean's friend from the Island. He's the younger brother to Dean, who was the best man at our wedding. We haven't seen Cory for 4 years. He was living up North for a while, but now he is working doing road sealing, which takes him all over the province. He'll be working in WL for a week. We went to the lake and drove around in the 62 Launrentian. Cory, like his brother, loves cars. While we were stoped at the store a fellow asked if he could take a picture of the Laurentian. Then he said that my hubby got his dream car and now it was my turn. So my hubby tells him that in a couple of years, I'm getting a convertable for my 40th birthday. Cory asked me what kind of convertable I would like and I jokingly said a VW bug...sun beatle. Sean says No way and they both agree that is not what I should get. Hello??? It's my car and my present, so who are they to decide. I told them I found a Fiat Spyder for sale in the paper for $4000. It's teal green and it reminds me of my friends' car. (but they don't have it anymore, boo who) Then they decide that it shoud be a different color. I guess teal is too chicky of a color. Again, "Hello??? It's MY car?" Well it was funny but probably you had to be there to find the humour in the situation. So, this morning I decide to take a blogthings.com quiz. What summer ride are you? Guess what it came up as??? It made me laugh!
Your Summer Ride is a Beetle Convertible

Fun, funky, and a little bit euro.
You love your summers to be full of style and sun!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Of course if I bought one it would be from the 70's. You earn more punch bug points in the game if it's an older bug. Plus, I doubt we would have the cash in
4+ years to buy a newer model. I've always wanted a purple one, but I might get yellow. Not red...too many speeding tickets in red cars. Although I have never had a ticket myself, I know of other who have.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I could totally see you in a bug. It would look great on you. How about a purple one? lol Men, eh? Think they know everything about cars.