Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Snow, movie and reno's

Today is the last day of winter according to my calendar. I guess that is why we had SNOW this morning. I had a good weekend, with the exception of a slight fever on Sunday and now I have an aweful cold. We saw the Movie The Bridge to Terabithia. It was a good movie, but the girl dies and that is so sad. I looked over to my daughter and she was a bit teary eyed. She was OK. She said it was like the book, the girl died in the book too. She is just used to happy endings. It was a good ending...the boy took his little sister across the bridge he built to Terabithia. It was a little crazy taking 6 of us to the movies. I took my son and his friend Daton shopping on Saturday. Mike bought a shocking cell phone and his friend bought a shocking lighter. Then he left the lighter beside the birthday cake and sure enough, my hubby got zapped when he went to light the candles. 2 of Mike's friends were not able to come over after the movie because they are witnesses. Mike asked them what they wittnessed...funny boy. Then he says "oh, you go to a church that's not a church". I told Mike it was called the Kingdom Hall and to drop it. Dayton spent the night and then they went to Dayton's house on Sunday. They are such good friends. I am hoping they are on the same ball team this year. That shouldn't be a problem since I am on the board of directors. We are still working on reno's. The new countertop should be installed today. I cannot wait to see what it looks like. We started painting the living room. Swiss Cream (taupe) and Coffee Conisure (chocolate brown) It's going to look nice with our new furniture. I'll just be glad to get the curtains back up. I don't like that people can look in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an enjoyable weekend, but sorry about the cold and the snow. We haven't had any more snow lately (touch wood), but it's pouring rain right now. It has been so warm that I wore sandals to work and now I'm freezing! Serves me right. I always get anxious to get back into sandals. Michael is so funny!

Robyn Jones said...

I have been wanting to see that movie...but I don't like it when people die at the end...maybe i won't go watch it now...