Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The living room

Well, last night we finished painting the living room. It looks great. I love the colors; Swiss Cream on the walls and Coffee Conisure for the trim. My curtains are a dark chocolate brown which matches up nicely with the trim. We are looking for new end tables and a new coffee table. We have one in mnd, it's a round table and the color of the wood is espresso. We are waiting to see what we can find in Kamloops or Vancouver, as we will be in those places in a couple of weeks, before we decide. I still need to finish sewing curtains for the bay windows. Well actually my mom is doing the sewing and I'm just helping or supervising the operation. I am so thankful to have a mom who is good at sewing and doesn't mind helping me out. I am not sure when we will get the curtains done, but I am hoping soon. The bright sun is out and it is shining in the bay windows and I would be upset if the colors faded on our new furniture. My hubby still has his feature wall to stain. He put up knotty pine on the wall that backs the kitchen. We decided we didn't really need the pass through opening from the kitchen to the livingroom anymore. Now I am missing it.... I didn't realise how much we looked through it to watch TV from the kitchen or even to talk to each other from the 2 different rooms. Oh well, it looks much better not having it there. When you look in the living room, you no longer see the junk on the kitchen counters. It will just take a bit of getting used to that's all. So, we just have the counter top and walls to replace around the sink, stove and fridge areas and we are done in the kitchen. I am really hoping it will happen today. There is so much junk piled up by the front door from the reno's that I will be glad to get it cleaned up this weekend...a big trip to the dump should do wonders.

The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be a nice day. I hope everyone is geting out and enjoying the nice weather and the fresh air!!!

No comments: