Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Green Blog

Hello everyone. What do you think of all the green??? I decided to change the color for March because of St.Patrick's day and green reminds me of spring. We had some really nice weather the past week and then wham-o we are back into winter. We had a skiff of snow and all the mud puddles were frozen this morning. I even had to scrape my car windows, a first for March as far as I can remember. I was watching the news last night and I was shocked to see all the flooding in the lower mainland, especially Maple Ridge, where my sister lives. My sister told me her back yard was like a swimming pool, but luckily it didn't flood into their home. I just keep telling myself that spring will be here soon. I miss going bike riding and hiking and just going for walks. I've been cooped up inside for too long. This Saturday we are having a birthday party for my son who will be 11 next Monday. Our house is still in mid-reno, so I am really hoping for some warm weather so the boys can go outside. Spring break starts this weekend and our kids have 2 weeks off. The second week they get off because they start school 8 min. early and knock off 7 min. from their lunch break. That gives them 2 weeks extra off each school year; 1 week at spring break and 1 week in mid Oct/Nov for fall break. I like it because I get more time with them and they are old enough not to have to be in daycare or that would cost a small fortune. The school district is looking at changing the school week to 4 days instead of 5 days and those days would have to be longer than they are now. They are also talking about changing schools from grades 8-12 to grades 7-9 and grades 10-12 by Fall 2009. It will be interesting to see the change, but who knows if we will be in WL in 2 years. I guess we will just see what happens. Have a great day you all!!!

2 comments:

Robyn Jones said...

I like the green blog better anyways...I can't believe Michael is already 11. I feel really old....

Louise said...

I'm all for green! My blog is orange now, for a change, but it was many variants of green before!