Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Ring is here!!!


My hubby wanted to get me an anniversary band for our first anniversary, but he was not able to get one from the company the original ring came from in Courtney. He had talked to a local jeweller and they said they could possibly make one, but the price was outrageous. He started saving up the money for it, but I told him to forget it because I thought it was far too expensive to go that route. What was I thinking...diamonds are a girls best friend right??? So along came anniversary number two and he really wanted to get me the ring and by the end of January he had the money to get it. So, he decides he had better get an updated estimate of the cost, which took almost 2 weeks. Then he was hoping to have the ring by Valentine's day. No such luck. So his next goal was to have it by the time we went to Kamloops for our road trip this weekend. I thougt maybe it might come by my birthday on March 24th. Surprise!!! It came yesterday and the cost was $150 less than the 1st quote. It was still a lot of money for a ring, but I guess I am worth it. I have the 3 rings sodered together into 1 ring (which they did for us at no charge). I am very happy with it. My hubby bought me a white gold diamond necklace at Christmas, so now I just need the matching earings and I am all set. The part that amazes me the most is the fact that it still happened even though we are in the middle of costly reno's. I was willing to wait for the ring until our 5th anniversary in January 2010.

1 comment:

Brenda Oig said...

That's so sweet! I can't wait to see it. It's nice to know you have a guy that appreciates you.