Monday, February 5, 2007

Painting...painting...painting

We had a very productive weekend painting the cupboards in the kitchen. There are 14 cupboards and 4 drawers, so it is taking longer than we first expected. (We are doing 3-4 coats on each side and it's taking about a day until each coat is dry enough to do another coat.) I have my drawers back in and they look great. I got rid of a lot of junk in those drawers. Hopefully by the weekend we will have the cupboards back up. My kitchen is already looking so much brighter. I am ordering new kitchen chairs. They are a simple oak windsor chair and they match the table. The chairs I have right now are getting old and are falling apart. We are down to having only 4 useable chairs. Plus we want to have 6 matching chairs in our newly renovated kitchen. We still have the pantry to build, walls to paint, countertops to replace and a new light fixture to put in over the sink. It will be awesome when it is all done. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Brenda Oig said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to see it.