Monday, February 26, 2007

Update on the reno's

We have a pantry now. There is still lots to do in the kitchen. The pantry needs painted, counter tops need replaced, walls need painting. It's coming along nicely. Next stop is the living room. We don't have to do much in there other than paint and put up new moldings to match the rest of the house. We weren't going to start on the living room right away, but we ended up buying new furniture on the weekend, so we need to get it looking nice before the furniture arrives. That gives us about 4 weeks.

My daughter entered one of her poems in a contest (on line) and has made it to the finals. They mailed us to tell us that her poem would be published in a book of poetry, but I am not sure of the date this will happen. I will have to buy a bunch of copies to give out to family and friends. She is a very talented girl. I am very proud of her.

1 comment:

Louise said...

We did a huge kitchen reno and numerous other things this summer! Glad it's mostly behind us now, but the work is rewarding in the end! Congrats on the big poem publish! Thanks for visiting my blog (I had checked yours out before that via Robyn - I love snooping through other people's friends - haha!)