Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sunshine makes me happy

Even though it was snowing when I left for work this morning, I am having a good day. The sun is out and that always makes me feel better. It is supposed to warm up this afternoon and it looks like the weekend is going to be sunny and mild. I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. I was spoiled as usual. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. I also spent some time on video chat just chatting with my friend. It was like we were sitting having coffee and chatting at Starbucks (minus the Starbucks Coffee...none her in WL). It was so awesome talking to her and her family. I could hardly believe that we had talked for over an hour. I guess we had a lot of catching up to do. She got a sneak peak at my cuboards because my computer is in the kitchen. I had to agree that the cupboards make the kitchen look so much brighter. We measured up the kitchen walls last night and we will be starting on that in between painting the last few cupboards. I cannot wait for the pantry to be done because you can see what's on the shelves since there is no door. I'll post a picture when the pantry is done. The good news is we are keeping with in budget so far on this project and might continue into the livingroom. It's so much fun. We have looked at new living room furniture, but we will have to decide between that or finnishing the deck and siding this year. It's hard to decide, but we had agreed that we would do the reno's as we could afford them instead of racking up our credit card and paying interest.

1 comment:

Brenda Oig said...

Yes, sunshine makes me happy too! It's 7 degrees here, can you believe it?! I'm so happy. I walked to the dentist this morning (all is well!) and enjoyed being out in the fresh air and sunshine. Wonderful.

I enjoyed our chat, too. Though Starbucks would have been a nice addition. :)