Sunday, June 10, 2007

River Valley Bike Ride

Mike, Sean and I went for a bike ride to the Fraser River. We wanted to see how high the river actually is. When we got to the bottom, the river was quite swollen. The water comes almost up to the trail. Usually we have to walk through 20 feet of beach style sand to get to the river. The water was all muddy and gross. There were lots of debris and tree branches and logs floating down stream. It wasn't very exciting, so we headed back up. The wind was blowing and it was tough getting back up the hill, but we made it. Well, Sean's tire went wonky on the last stretch of the trail to the truck, so I decided to walk with him and our bikes. Secretly, I was thankful for the mishap, because I was pooped and it was great to take it easy by walking. It amazes me how good of shape Sean is in compared to me. I guess he keeps pretty active at work slinging lumber and being on his feet all day. His job is nothing like my desk job. It was nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine while it lasted. It's raining again now.On our bike ride we could smell the wild roses and it was wonderful. We stopped of at my parent's house for iced tea and then headed home. There's still lots to do before we can go camping. Next weekend we a hoping to be able to finish off and do a costco/wallmart trip for the last few things we need.



No comments: