Saturday, June 9, 2007

Mike is seeing like me

So today I purchased my son his first pair of glasses. He's almost finished grade 5 and I was in grade 2 when I needed glasses. I made sure to buy him a pair that he really liked because when I was a kid, I hated my glasses and hid them and refused to wear them at school. So, Mike's glasses were a bit more than I thought they would cost, but they really suit him. They are made by Xgames and they are surfer blue in color. They said if he was involved in sports, he might want to get contacts. I said no way!!! He's not old enough for that. He's only 11 for goodness sake!!!

2 comments:

Robyn Jones said...

xgames makes glasses? The only x i know is x box...LOL! I have to wear glasses all the time now too. I have a stigmatism in my right eye, and it actually is giving me quite a bit of trouble....but i hate wearing them...so i "forget" a lot.

Louise said...

I agree - get them something they like and will wear! I too, hated my glasses (grade 9) but gosh darn it, they had a sale sticker on them!!!

Sorry to hear about your friends - what a tragedy. How sad.

Also had to laugh at your camping list! Wireless internet at a campsite now!? We thought we were bad with needing electicity - to charge the cell-phone (business reasons) and my hubbys sleep apnea machine! Gone are the tenting/roughing it days! I won't complain - I like having electricity, water etc :)