Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Golden Rod's Last Ride...


It is with sadness that we must say goodbye to The Golden Rod. We've had that bike since the late 70's. My dad wanted to buy it from my grandparents neighbors, but they refused to sell it and it ended up in the dump in Prince George. Dad rescued it and cleaned it up and painted it gold for my sister. She enjoyed many a ride on that bike and so did I. Then came the 10 speed era and poor Golden Rod was shoved in the corner of the yard, where she stayed until my kids were big enough to ride her. Now that my parents are moving, they cannot keep the bike. The tires are worn out, but the brakes still work. They are the old fashion kind. To stop you pedal backwards. I'm going to miss that Bike. My son enjoyed taking The Golden Rod out for one last ride before it went to the Wildwood dump.


No comments: