Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our first real Christmas Tree




This tree is freaking huge. It didn't look so big when it was all strung up at the store we bought it from.It shed a lot of needles on my living room carpet when we were putting it up, but now it seems ok. We had purchased new LED lights for the tree. Our artificial tree came with the lights already on it, so it was a challenge to get the lights looking just right. The smell of the pine is fabulous. I might just be converted to getting a real tree from now on. I bought a new Angel for the top of the tree because my daughter wanted the snowflake tree topper for the tree in her room. Last night Kels and I finished all the Christmas baking, but she told me she still wants gingerbread cookies. I guess you are never to old for gingerbread cookies. I'm sure we'll have time this weekend to fit that in.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

We just went the opposite way, and the last two years finally got a fake tree...I got tired of pine needles in the rug, fighting to get the tree to stand just right...(which never seemed to happen..) and having it die so soon after Christmas..then there is tree disposal....which was fine when we were living at Harold and judys..we just threw it off the balconey and set it on fire. Not nescessarily in that order...