Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bad roads and bad drivers


Paramedics, firefighters, and search and rescue volunteers work to remove the driver from a car struck on Highway 97 Monday morning. The driver was taken to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops. Another driver was taken to Cariboo Memorial Hospital.

On Monday there was a terrible car accident involving 5 cars at Hwy 97 S of Williams Lake. A 19 year old girl was t-boned on both sides of her car and was rushed to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops. It all happened because a car was in a rush and cut off a truck, who tried to avoid the car and ended up spinning out of control. It will be a miracle if the 19 year old girl survives. She's in really bad shape. I wish people would slow down and think of others on the roads besides themselves.
Today I had a close call walking down town. I saw a truck at the stop light and there were some pedestrians crossing in front of them. The light had changed, but the pedestrians weren't quite across the street yet. Then the driver of the truck revs it's engine and I'm thinking to myself how rude that was. By this time I am crossing the street when that truck decides he is turning left and missed me just barely by maybe 2 inches. The people all around could not believe how arrogant this driver was being. I took down his liscense plate number, but I haven't decided whether it's worth my time to write a raspberry in our newspaper! I wish that those bad drivers out there would think before they drive so dangerously. Life is precious and you could be just rolling or strolling along and it could be over just like that. It sure makes me be even more cautious when I'm driving, especially when the roads are so bad. So, if you are driving and are in a hurry remember it's better to arrive late than not to arrive at all.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

Sandi, I left an blogging award for you on my site...just save the pic and upload it onto yours...