Monday, December 10, 2007

Frustrating Christmas Shopping

I finished up my Christmas shopping over the weekend. I didn't get the one thing my kids really wanted because it is sold out. So, unless there is a miracle in the next 2 weeks, they are out of luck. Yesterday was a terrible day in our household. We had gotten up early to go shopping at Walmart and we got home at 1:30pm. I decided to treat the kids to McDonalds. We did drive through and were over charged, but we caught it before we left and they refunded me just over $4. We get home to find that my son didn't get any sauce for his chicken nuggets and no fries. My daughter dropped her pop. The food wasn't all that great. I guess that is why I don't usually eat there. I was mad, so I went back into town and complained and they gave me the missing fries...oh sorry about that! My kids keep talking about how much they wanted a wii. This went on all afternoon. My son even went on line looking, but I told him I had already tried that route! It's so frustrating! The dinner table was dead silent. After dinner my hubby put on a movie; Christmas with the Kranks and that brightened up the mood. Plus I had a couple glasses of wine. Now we have to wrap up all the gifts. I'll probably give me kids an IOU for the wii. I'm sure I'll be able to get one by spring time!

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

I haven't finished my shopping yet...I am done Jeremys, and I only have one more to get for Talon. I haven't done any of the girls...and Kendal and I are just getting a computer...