Monday, October 29, 2007

Another Whirl-wind weekend






I left the house at 7:30 am on Saturday and arrived at my friend's house in Maple Ridge at 1:30 pm. I had a nice visit with her family and then headed over to my sister's house which is only a few blocks away from Robin's house. We worked on a craft my mom had sent with me for the Halloween Party. Then I went shopping for a hat for my son. I looked at several places and finally had to give up because it was getting late and I wanted to help my sister get ready for her Halloween Party. My sister dressed up as a Vampire and I was a witch, but I refused to wear any make up. Take note that none of the other adults dressed up. Hmmm. My brother-in-law kept telling us he was the invisable man and couldn't understand why we could still see him. He's funny sometimes. There were 16 kids at the party ranging in age from 5-13. They played Halloween Hangman, ate warm brains with blood and monster mouths. To drink they had witches brew or bloody eyeballs. (Hot dogs, apple slices with peanut butter and candy corn teeth and lime koolaid and the bloody eyeballs were a cherry frozen in an ice cube put into their drink) I think my sister is very creative. I don't have the time or energy to pull a party like that off. The kids watched a movie. The younger kids were upstairs and the older kids watched a scary movie downstairs. By the time all the kids went home, I was exhausted and we went to bed.

The next morning I actually slept in until 8am. Then we had to get ready because we were going to Kate's Baptism at the Catholic Church in Maple Ridge. After the service we all went to Boston Pizza for lunch. It was a really nice lunch and after that I had my dreaded 6 hour drive home. I left Maple Ridge at 3:15pm. I stopped at Silverdale for Gas since it was only 92.9/ liter. The next stop was 100 Mile for a potty break (Tim Hortins) and I bought the kids hot chocolate and some bagels for breakfast this week. There were a lot of deer on the road and I did not like driving in the dark. I probably won't do that again. When I got home at 9:30 pm I was exhausted. I was only in Maple Ridge just over 24 hours. Crazy eh? Just another whirl-wind weekend Sandi style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a mad blast! lol Love your costume. Kelsey looks so grown up and Michael is really looking like a young man. crazy. Glad you're home safe.

I'll get Leopard off to you just as soon as we get it on Laura's comp. She is taking it to the mac store tomorrow to get her new ram installed so she can run it. I got new ram for my comp (2 GB now) and it's super fast! love it.