Thursday, October 18, 2007

The countdown to the weekend is on

Another week is almost past and I am very happy about it. I am counting down to the weekend. This weekend I am going to visit my friend in Kamloops and have a girls night out. I can hardly wait. Plus I'll be able to do some shopping at Costco and Wal-mart. Oh and I'l be enjoying some Starbucks while I'm there. It seems every time I planned to vist my friend, something got in the way. I haven't been to Kamloops for 6 months. Last time I was there I had an eye specialst appointment. This time I'm going to have fun and enjoy hanging with my friend. Well, I must say I deserve it after the harsh month so far at work. This will be a great pick me up. My kids are away for the weekend and Sean will be working on the siding. So, I might just as well go and enjoy myself. The forcast is calling for snow on Sunday, so I won't be taking the convertible to Kamloops. Let's face it; Fall has arrived. The weather is much cooler, so my top down cruising days are done until the late spring. Now, I just have to survive tomorrow at work. It's going to be busy with the Hockey Pool deadline. We are expecting 300+ people to come in tomorrow. I'm sure most of them will come just before closing at 5pm. I was going to leave after work on Friday, but I wouldn't make it to my friend's house before dark. I don't like to drive in the dark by myself anymore. I'm am getting excited for my trip.

3 comments:

Robyn Jones said...

So what is the weather like there now? We are still well above 0 here this year...weird for this time of year. I have only just turned on my heat for the night. It is supposed to be 16 this weekend!
You could come for a girls night out here you know...not that far away! LOL!

Sandi said...

The weather here is cold at night. So I have only had the furnace on to take the chill off when we get up in the morning. Some mornings it is really cold and I have to scrape the frost off the car windows, but this morning is much warmer. It's so unpredicatable. By the afternoon it is so warm you don't need a jacket. I would love to go to Regina for a girls night out...one day I'll make it there. I have troubles getting to Kamloops which is only 3 hrs away. Regina is 3 days drive, so I would need to take a week off.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for our girls night, too!! We're going to have such a blast. Can't wait to see you. Drive safe, okay?