Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Survived, now I'm back

I must admit the last 2 weeks at work were very challenging, but I survived. There was one day I went home and thought I'd love to call in sick the next day, but darn it...That's just not me. It wasn't that the work was hard, it was just a lot of extra work that had to be done. I went home every night dead tired.My wrist was sore from typing on the keyboard all day and my vision at the end of the day seemed fuzzy from looking at the computer screen all day. I was having a conversation one evening and was asked to add up 2 numbers and I just couldn't do it. My brain was fried. The good new is I made deadline for my job on the A/R's so hopefully there is a bonus for me next month if the numbers come in right. Well enough about my work...









We had a very nice Thanksgiving Weekend. My Uncle and cousin came up from Vernon, but they didn't bring Grandpa. Apparently Grandpa was feeling sick with a cold and decided it was better if he didn't come. My sister and her family came that weekend too. We took a walk with on the River Valley Trail. We went down to the river. It was a beautiful walk, but takes much longer when you have younger children and a dog with you. At the river we found someones inukshuk (I have no idea how to spell that word). It looked like a frog, so Gary (my youngest nephew, who's 7) and I put another rock on top for the frogs eyes. Then the boys and Dads made their own inukshuk. The walk back up was grueling and it started to rain, but we made it.

The next night we decided to have a campfire at my place. We roasted marshmallows and drank hot chocolate. My hubby gave the kids sparklers to light up and they sparkled brightly in the dark night sky. We all had a good time. The kids decided to jump on the trampoline in the dark (there was a porch light on so it wasn't completely dark) and they had a great time. Brian, my other nephew who is the same age as Mike enjoyed riding down the hill on the old plastic toy Jeep. He rolled it a few times, so my hubby had to duct tape it back together. They had such a good time with their cousins. You could tell by the perma-smiles they had on all weekend. It was great. They haven't been to my house in over 4 years, but we get to see them in MR quite a bit. When they left on Monday, we worked on the siding some more. I stained the facia boards hunter green and it was a hard job because I had to use the ladder the whole time. I really don't like ladders since I was a kid and fell off one while picking cherries on a tree in the Okanagan (that was the late 70's and I still remember it as if it was only yesterday). There is still a lot of work to do on the siding and we are hoping to get the majority of it done before more snow flies. Yes it snowed on October 4th, but it didn't stay. Now it seems that the afternoons are almost hot like summer, but in the mornings you are scraping frost off the car windows. I guess that's fall for us.

Yesterday, I rewarded myself for surviving work. I left the house at noon, had lunch with my friend, went to get my nails done and finished the day off with a new hair cut and style. I feel great!

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

Sounds like you guys had fun on Thanksgiving.....I wish we did...no turkey for us this year...ours consisted of unpacking.....