Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wow Weekend

As usual when you get 2 friends together who haven't seen each other in a very long time you get a Wow Weekend. Simply put; we had a blast! We had a wonderful dinner at a Greek Restaurant in Kamloops callled The Dorion. They have such wonderful food and plenty of it. Brenda and I enjoyed calamari and the Greek Treat. I enjoyed a glass of chardonnay with my dinner. We had no room for dessert, but tht was okay because we went to the Commodore Lounge and had a Mango Mojito. It was really good too. We talked non stop and it was an awesome girls night out. On Sunday after church, we went to a Mexican Restaurant for lunch. Wow again. I absolutely loved my meal and the Spanish guy working there was very nice. Then I got to enjoy going to the Gym with Brenda and her daughter Heather. I ran and power walked on the treadmill for half an hour and rode the bike for 10 min. It was great excercise and a lot different than doing the same thing at home. We went to the movies on Sunday night. We saw 30 Days of Night. All I can say is it was creepy. I had to hide in my coat quite a bit during the show. I have never been in a theater where it was so quiet. Poor Heather was so scared at one pont she was having troubles breathing. After the movie, we went back to my friends' house and I watched a calming movie with Laura (Brenda's oldest daughter) and Heather. They are such wonderful teens. I really enjoy visiting the entire Oig family, including little dog Prince. Even though we are far apart, we are still close like we were when we all went to Crossroad in Williams Lake. Actually I think Brenda and I are more closer and have developed a really unique friendship. I think Brenda and I talked for 6 hours straight on Saturday. I guess that is why we have sore throats. It was an awesome weekend and we made it to Starbucks twice. The drive home was nice. The sun was shining and it was super hot out. I could have brought the convertible after all because it didn't snow and the weather was fabulous! I did miss my hubby while I was away especially after the creepy movie. Maybe next month we'll do a couples weekend in Kamloops and also get some early Christmas shopping done. Sounds good to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! It was Wow. And my throat is still sore! lol