Monday, February 11, 2008

It's the winter that never ends...

We are back home from our wonderful Disneyland trip. The drive home through the Fraser Canyon was horrible. The Coquihalla Hwy was closed. They had just re-opened Hwy 97 on Sunday,so we were able to get home. There were boulders and mini snow avalanches all over the road. We pretty much had to stop at every gas station and clean off the headlights from all the slush. Then we get home to find it had snowed over a foot. Our neighbour had plowed our driveway for us, so we were very thankful. We had a bunch of snow last night and the plow truck plowed our driveway shut. So, I took Sean's Jimmy to work today. He doesn't work today, so he'll need to shovel the driveway. I thought for sure we would be done with the snow by now. I hear that darn groundhog saw his shadow last week and we are up for another 6 weeks of winter. Yuck!I hear it was -25 while we were away.



On a better note, California was hot, hot, hot. We had a magical time in Disneyland. It was sooooo awesome. The weather was warm the entire week and it rained for about 3 min. on the Monday. Friday it was so hot out I had to come back to the hotel for a while to chill. We were in t-shirts and short/capris the entire time. So, you can imagine the shock to my system to come back to winter wonderland. I'll try to post more photos when I have more time(:

No comments: