Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another Crazy Work Week

My week started off with not being able to go into my office until 10:30 am on Monday. The building had been broken into sometime after 6 pm on Sunday night. They took a crow bar and hammer and broke the lock of my office door. They didn't find anything of value to take from my office,so they broke into a couple more offices in the building and stole a some very valuable stuff. They also broke the vending machines and stole all the chocolate bars and cash. I had to get my door repaired and we re-keyed the entire building. Which meant that I got the job of dishing out the keys to the staff. So yesterday was pretty much a write off for getting anything done. I had some errands to run after work and ended not getting home until after 5:30 pm. There was a road block on my way home, but they just waved me through. I wonder what that was all about. So far today has been pretty good at work, other than being short staffed. I wonder what the rest of the week will bring? I am craving a chocolate bar...but the vending machine is empty. Hmmm. I guess that's good for my health and pocket book.

1 comment:

Robyn Jones said...

I can't stand people who break into places...it is such a selfish act...We were broken into twice when we lived on the East End of Regina...the first time they didn't take anything...the second time they got my guitar...my keyboard, and my canadian tire money....